1. Very few insulation contractors are created equal.
- The vast majority of insulation contractors in the metro-Atlanta region had designed their businesses around the booming new-construction market. Retrofit installation of insulation and custom, innovative applications are unique to Bird Family Insulation. In fact, we have never insulated a house for a builder.
- Most companies send you an “guestimator,” who will simply glance in your attic from the access point, measure your house exterior perimeter, quote your project on a per-square-foot price, and depart, ALL WITHIN 15 MINUTES!
- Those companies are useful for the educated, DIY homeowner who has prepped his attic and will monitor the job closely.
- Those companies hire unskilled laborers who are taught ONE THING: How to protect the company against liability! That installer (and the estimator) is forbidden from crawling to the corners, or doing any prep work in your attic.
- With Bird Family Insulation you receive a detailed, approximately 1-hour exhaustive inspection AND you are asked questions that direct us to the areas of your home responsible for your chilly rooms, hot upstairs, drafty dens, inferno-like bonus rooms, sweaty bathroom walls, etc.
2. Your HVAC system works together with insulation to provide you a comfortable home.
- Like a marriage, it takes BOTH PARTIES. Ignore one, and it will fail.
- Therefore, when we inspect your home, we also look at your duct distribution system.
- Over 80% of U.S. households have ducts leaking 30% or more conditioned air into the attic or crawlspace/basement.
- You’re paying to heat and cool your attic or crawlspace! We seal these ducts with code required mastic or spray foams. Bare pipes are insulated.
- Duct sealing and wrapping is nasty work, but imperative to give you a more comfortable, affordable home with cleaner, healthier indoor air quality.
- We confirm our results by pressure-testing your ducts.
3. Cellulose insulation is safer and greener than fiberglass.
- Cellulose is non-carcinogenic (notice the OSHA warning on fiberglass).
- Cellulose is biodegradable and saves landfill space.
- FAR Less energy is required in manufacturing cellulose. Fiberglass insulation manufacturers annually and semi-annually pass along price increases. Raw material costs are outside the control of the manufacturers. However, cellulose insulation raw material costs are embodied in the newspaper you bought, or phone book you recycled. Cellulose manufacturers have NO huge energy-guzzling blast-furnaces to maintain. More pollutants are produced during the manufacture of fiberglass insulation than is produced during the recycling of cellulose. This is important.
- Higher R-value per inch than fiberglass.
- Exponentially slower burn-time in structure fires, providing precious additional minutes for escape.
4. You may be able to fire your exterminator.
Boric Acid, added to Applegate cellulose to provide its superior Class 1 Fire Retardant Rating – also repels insects like termites and roaches, as well as repelling small rodents such as mice, rats, and squirrels. Boric acid is toxic to mold and mildew organisms too.
Get started today with us today by calling our office and speaking with Savannah about your needs!