Embry Circle Project
Bob was called to investigate the attic and crawlspace. Excessive moisture
issues were troubling the homeowners. When Bob climbed into the crawlspace,
he discovered disconnected, loose-fitting ducts, as well as standing water
in some areas. We decided to focus on the problems under the home as phase
1, and approach the attic insulation as phase 2.
- Perform BPI Home Energy Assessment.
- Remove the entire duct system under the house.
- Airseal floor penetrations.
- Install fresh, R-6 flex duct system.
- Wipe interior surfaces of plenums. Forced Air System is all clean!
- Redesign downspouts across the back of the house, to drain rainwater into
- Test Out to evaluate any duct leakage and evaluate improved airflow.
Project Investment was about $4,500.00
Benefits to Homeowner (Family of 4, with 2 Small Children)
- Dramatically Healthier Indoor Air Quality!
- Reduced Hot & Cold Zones in the house!
- Dryer, Cleaner Crawlspace.
- Dramatically more efficient HVAC system for the main level of the house.