Atlanta Duct Repair & Redesign
No More Hot & Cold Zones, Dust, or Energy Waste!
Is Your Home Expensive to Heat and Cool?
It may be due to the design of your duct system - and our Atlanta insulation
experts are just the people to call.
- Signs that duct repair and redesign may be a great idea for your home:
- You experience hot and cool zones, or rooms, on the same thermostat
- Your return vents are not as numerous as supply vents
- The home has excess dust
- The heating and AC systems just run and run in an attempt to maintain comfort
- Your system cycles on and off repeatedly.
- Consider these facts and figures that apply to your home:
- Statistics from the U.S. Dept of Energy state that the average American
home wastes 30% of its AC and heat through duct leakage!
- Said another way, about 1/3rd of your AC and furnace capacity is never
utilized to heat and cool your home (if your home is average). Conditioned
air exits through duct leaks before reaching the living spaces.
- Take a guess at the amount of your monthly utility bills that is dedicated
to heating and cooling your home. Now, take 30% of that figure. You start
to see how important duct repair and redesign really is.
- In a new construction, residential HVAC crew, the lowest paid guy is the
person installing ducts. It’s entry-level work, easily prone to
neglect. Odds are, they messed up your ducts somewhere.
- In summer, the hottest area of your home is the apex of your attic. Despite
this fact, HVAC guys like to suspend your fragile duct system right under
the roof deck, where it’s 140 degrees or more. Does that sound like
poor design to you?
- Speaking of design, for every 90-degree bend in a duct, it’s equal
to adding another 10 feet to duct length, and has a negative, detrimental
effect on airflow through that pipe to your ceiling vent.
We Can Handle Your Ducts Better than HVAC
You’re going to be charged if an HVAC contractor sends out a service
tech to listen to your complaint and evaluate your ducts. They don't have
the expertise and service-oriented focus of a quality insulation contractor.
We routinely get contacted by the HVAC community, asking if we would consider
being a sub-contractor, performing duct projects for others.
When it Comes to Duct Repair and Redesign, Bird Family Insulation is Different.
Our Atlanta insulation pros are solution-driven, not product-driven. In
other words, we don’t have a warehouse of products we’re trying
to move, with salesmen on quotas trying to sell you the highest margin
equipment and services.
There is never any high pressure at your kitchen table from us. We’re
a family – it's our family serving yours.
Here is the SECRET: Sealing ducts, redesigning ducts and repairing ducts
is messy, tedious and dirty work. Your ducts are located in hot attic
spaces or damp, dark and cramped crawlspaces. It’s what we do, so
we’re set up for these projects – and usually get them done
in one day!
Diagnosing inferior duct design and airflow takes a creative, innovative
mindset. We need specialized tools. We have conversations and ask inductive
questions with the occupants. We study the house orientation on your site,
and may recommend simple experiments that you can perform while we zero-in
on the exact remedy.
- Tools We May Use for Evaluating Ducts:
- Blower Door
- Duct Blaster
- Flow Hood
- Infrared Camera
- Infrared Thermometer
- Laser Tapes
The bottom line for you is: We are patient with the process. We are 100%
motivated to get it right for you. Take the next step today!
Call Savannah in the office, and schedule your duct consultation. (404) 666-8160