Floor Insulation in Atlanta
Maintaining Dry, Comfortable Floors All Year Round!
Many homeowners in the Atlanta, GA area do not consider their floors as
an area that needs to be insulated. Walls and ceilings, sure – but
floors? You'd be surprised at what a layer of quality insulation under
your floors can do for home comfort and energy efficiency. Our Atlanta
insulation experts highly recommend floor insulation in a variety of cases.
- Here are some of the times when a homeowner needs floor insulation:
- There are living spaces above an unconditioned garage or carport.
- Decks have been converted and enclosed into conditioned living spaces.
- The home has cantilevered floors and/or small floors under bay window areas.
- The house is on a pier and has no foundation walls.
- There is existing floor insulation, but it is old, ineffective and possibly
harmful to occupant health.
What Type of Insulation Do We Use for Floor Applications?
Bird Family Insulation installs spray foam insulation under floors. We
have found this to be the only acceptable technique (compared to fiberglass
batts) for rewarding our clients with a durable, lifetime insulation product
that is both a thermal barrier and a moisture/air barrier! Dry wood floors
are comfortable floors, year-round.
- Using closed cell spray foam insulation rewards you with three attributes:
- It’s a moisture barrier.
- It’s an air barrier.
- It’s a thermal barrier.
You win with drier, healthier floors that aren’t negatively influenced
by the damp, harmful environment beneath your home. Now, your floors are
SEALED, and positively influenced by the climate-controlled environment
inside your home!
Our Process for Insulating Your Floor with Spray Foam
You never get an excuse from Bird, only solutions. If necessary, we will
put multiple foam rigs on site to expedite your project completion.
- Our Atlanta insulation specialists have a thorough and methodical approach
to insulating your floor:
- Any mechanical systems are covered with protective poly. We don’t
want overspray to find it’s way onto your furnace or water heater.
- Floors are inspected, and we remove any existing material in a safe and
- We perform a preliminary sealing of any gaps or voids where the spray foam
could expand upward into your living space.
- If we are spraying in your garage or carport, or under a deck, we use poly
to drape the walls and protect against overspray.
- Our licensed and professional technicians apply the spray foam and clean
up fully before leaving your home.
Call now! Schedule Jacob, Beau or Brian into your home for a FREE evaluation
and quote for insulating your floors with spray foam insulation. (404) 666-8160